[TowerTalk] Source for 2" OD Mast

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 4 17:02:09 EST 2013

On 1/4/13 12:26 PM, Jerry Gardner wrote:
> Anyone know of a source for a 2" OD 5 to 20 foot steel mast  in the
> vicinity of the S.F. Bay Area? Something with around 87 k psi yield
> strength would be ideal.

Yellowpages...the trick is knowing what to search for, and then spending
a bit of time on the phone to find a place that has what you need and is
convenient for driving (e.g. if you live in Oakland, then driving to
some steel yard across the bay may be non-optimal)

Look up steel distributors..  a quick google for "oakland steel tubing"
came up with a raft of places all up and down the east bay.

Things like Metal Supermarkets in Hayward, Santa Clara, and Redwood City
http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/
they have hot rolled .120 wall 2" structural tubing, for instance..
and in cold rolled, welded, they have .065, .095, .120  wall
DOM in 0.120 wall and thicker   a 20 foot stick is about $150.  5 ft
would be about 1/4 of that..