[TowerTalk] The inertia of rest and the tilt over

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 16:02:44 EST 2013

John Hudson wrote:
>> But where do you put the lever?  I don't like the place I picked.  I want
>> to make very sure I don't damage the tower doing the prying.
>>

>I put my jack under one of the rails, so I am not trying to bend the
>brace between the rails.

PE1BTX used a pair of air balloons from a truck suspension. These could
be inflated to give the tower a gentle starting push, and also acted as
buffers to prevent the tower from slamming back into the upright
position... which is liable to be your next problem.

Details are here:
<http://g4hup.com/Stresses%20in%20Cables_web.pdf>

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK