[TowerTalk] static

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 7 11:06:46 EDT 2013

On 7/7/13 7:56 AM, Tom H Childers wrote:

> How does the subject Storm Static evolve into the subject static and
> then become a power connector subject?

in the same way that Dupin mentions stereotomy in "The Murders in the
Rue Morgue" by Poe. We started with storm static, then moved into the
value of disconnecting, then into ways to handle signals other than
coax.  Threading mail clients and inconsistent header handling do make
it worse.

And just to make it more exciting, I think you could use PowerPoles for
coax connections as well.  An inch or so of "non-coax" isn't going to
have a big effect at HF from an impedance standpoint.  There might be a
shielding issue.