[TowerTalk] static

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 6 16:54:56 EDT 2013

On 7/6/13 9:40 AM, jcjacobsen at q.com wrote:

> A snippet from Rich:
> < I plan on using a group of Anderson Power Poles for a quick disconnect
> for my rotor cables. >
>
> Rich,
>
> While that sounds like a good idea, I'd like to suggest either a multi-pin Cinch-Jones connector or a connector for a utility trailer. The Pwr-Poles will be hard to keep "straight" as far as 1-1, 2-2, etc. With the others, it's one plug-up. they are polorized, and you're done.

you can gang as many powerpoles together into one big block as you like.
  There's a practical limit in terms mating/demating force, but I've
used a block of 12 (4x3 array).

They're also available in a lot of other colors.

For multipin connectors, in general, I like the Circular Plastic
Connectors (CPC) from Tyco/AMP.  Rugged, nice pins/sockets, etc. and
quite inexpensive.  I find these easier to use than the rectangular
Molex type.

Depending on the wire size, another convenient connector, but not
necessarily for a lot of mate/demate cycles, is the modular phone type
jack/plug.  A risk here is accidentally intermating with network or
phone, and there's a limit of 8 conductors.