[TowerTalk] 6M Transmission Line

Earl Morse kz8e at wt.net
Fri Jul 19 09:39:40 EDT 2013

LMR-600 is 50 ohms.  Shouldn't be any problem.

http://www.nr6ca.org/pdf/LMR600A.pdf

If it were 75 ohms the simple answer would be that it would bump the VSWR of a matched 50 ohm system to 1.5:1.

For the more complex answer you can get out your Smith chart and see how the varying lengths of the different coax transforms your load impedance back at the source.

Earl
N8SS

Message: 7