[TowerTalk] Tower Replacement - what would you do?

Bryan Swadener bswadener at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 19 23:40:27 EDT 2013

After getting the runaround and malarkey from the shipper used by US Tower, I used uship to get bids on transporting my TX-472 from Porterville, CA to Everett, WA.  It works like eBay except, the bids go DOWN.  I got several bids and finally decided on a semi-retired fellow with a light pickup and light tandem-axle equipment trailer.  Cost was about $1/mile.

The seller had access to a fork lift for loading.  I hired a local wrecker to unload it.  I set up the unloading ahead of time and coordinated with the hauler to call me when he got close.  There was only a few minutes wait for the wrecker. I fabricated simple "trucks" to move the tower after unloading.  Oodles of photos & text on my Flickr page: http://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-tower.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:12:37 -0400
From: John KK9A

This is all excellent advice.  Also it is significantly less expensive to
ship to a business or pick up at the trucking terminal than to a
residence.

John KK9A

From:    K7LXC
Date:     Wed, 19 Jun 2013 07:46:18 -0400 (EDT)

There are websites that'll give you shipping quotes - some of which
will be more reasonable.

Cheers & GL,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH