[TowerTalk] Large Tower Base

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Mar 7 10:30:02 EST 2013

On 3/6/2013 11:05 PM, Robert Morris wrote:

> On Mar 6, 2013, at 9:33 PM, Wilson Lamb wrote:
>
> Lots of wasted bandwidth here!
> Patrick is obviously one of the very few among us with knowhow and resources to get outside the box!
> ---------
> I’d agree, however, that the proposed foundation piers sound a little small.

I don't remember the diameter of the piers ,,maybe 2', I'm pretty sure
they weren't 3', but the wide stance of the base reduced the amount of
concrete needed.

http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/skyhook.htm

The one photo does show the tops of them with an old station wagon at
the base for size comparrison.

73

Roger (K8RI)