[TowerTalk] Fwd: Rohn25 Guying question

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Fri Mar 15 22:31:08 EDT 2013

I made the calculations and, at least in theory, the "bending" momentum on the tower gets lower if you put the guys a little lower. I have climbed it the biggest swing/vibration was between the guy point and ground. It's an aluminum tower so the springiness is a "little" more than the steel counterpart.

You can check it at

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150198503693539.328964.579753538&type=1&l=1c649b80ab

As you can see, the guys are about 70 feet up. The tower is 85 feet.

Hans - N2JFS