[TowerTalk] Question about winch cable size on UST TRX-100HD tilt winch

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sat Mar 23 18:05:07 EDT 2013

>  Does anyone know of a reason why I should not  convert
to 1/4 inch stainless cable and violate the K7LXC
prime  directive?  For example, the pulleys seem perfectly
sized for  5/16.  Lunmar says that it is no problem to
keep those pulleys and use  1/4 inch cable, however, it
seems like the cable would get flattened  slightly.
How critical is this?

    It seems to me that the primary potential problem  with SS cables is
that they can gall, which will put a kink in it.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC