[TowerTalk] Grounding HDX-555

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun May 5 21:04:17 EDT 2013

On 5/5/13 4:27 PM, Bryan Swadener wrote:
> I was advised by an electrician that 4 AWG was
> required in my area (Snohomish County, WA) to
> bond ground systems together.

Interesting..

I googled the local codes out of curiosity.. you have a local code that
requires a CEGR (Ufer) and inspection prior to pouring the concrete.  I
couldn't find the AWG4 requirement, but I didn't look very hard. There
were some rules that seem to say "ground bonding conductor must be equal
to service conductor in size".. maybe that's where it comes from, but
AWG 4 seems small for a service conductor, but who knows.. maybe it's
local practice..

> The building inspector didn't say anything about it.
> I think he was amazed that a ham would try to
> install a tower by the book.

I'll bet he was.