[TowerTalk] Noalox versus penetrox ??

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Thu May 9 16:31:28 EDT 2013

>  Yesterday, I purchased Noalox at the locl Home Depot. In  the past, I
have used Penetrox when assembling HF beams and Penetrox worked  great. Has
anyone used Noalox to assemble aluminum tubing on HF  beams.

    Antioxidants are like toothpastes - lots of  varieties and they all do
basically the same thing, just different recipes.

    An antioxidant is a bunch of very small particles  of a conductive
metal held in suspension in a vehicle material. When the  connection is
tightened, the particles pierce the conductor(s) and the vehicle  keeps oxygen out -
thus it's an antioxidant.

    BTW there's a great chapter in my UP THE TOWER  book that's got lots of
info on a bunch of them. Available from  championradio.com.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH
and