[TowerTalk] Noalox versus penetrox ??

EZ Rhino EZRhino at fastmovers.biz
Thu May 9 18:02:17 EDT 2013

This reminds me....

Recently I decided to clean up my 40m beam to get it ready for installation.  I bought it used (a couple years), and I thought it would be good to take apart every joint, clean, re-grease and reassemble.  I had been dreading it, but it wasn't bad at all.  I used the coarsest red scotchbrite pad (I bought half a dozen but only used one), available at auto body supply stores (they're cheap).    I cut the pads into strips and "sanded" each joint using WD40 as a lubricant and solvent.  It worked great and didn't require much elbow grease.  Wiping everything down with a clean rag and it was ready to reassemble.  To get into the interior of the tubing I used a strip of scotchbrite wrapped over the end of a flat blade screwdriver, using an in and out motion while turning the tubing.  Easy!

Chris
KF7P

On May 9, 2013, at 14:56 , Jerry Gardner wrote:

All of them are a mess and a pain in the butt to clean up.