[TowerTalk] Fwd: Grounding of tower

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri May 10 22:48:18 EDT 2013

On 5/10/2013 5:57 PM, Al Kozakiewicz wrote:
>> Actually, we CANNOT use the EARTH as a conductor for AC power either  --
> the resistance is far too high to carry enough current.
>
> Not true - see my prior post.

This statement is in conflict both with physical reality AND nearly all
building codes.  I suggest that you study the National Electric Code,
which has been adopted as the LAW governing electrical installations
nearly everywhere in North America, and those local jurisdictions that
have their own codes have the same provisions with respect to using the
EARTH as a conductor. Further, all of these codes prohibit use the the
Green wire, or any part of the conduit system, to carry load current.

73, Jim K9YC.