[TowerTalk] Force 12 B-1/B-1S Baluns

Dan Hearn n5ardxcc at gmail.com
Sat May 11 19:55:36 EDT 2013

Mark, IMO the power dissipated in the Balun will be related to the coax
termination impedance at the antenna. If it sees 50 ohms then there will be
little current coming back down the shield outer . Check your antenna
feedpoint Z at any frequencies you plan to operate.
  Of course, the "Balun" is really a line choke.

73, Dan, N5AR

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM, rfman45 <rfman45 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  I'd like to hear from users of the Force 12 B-1 and B-1/S baluns about
> their general durability and especially their use for RTTY. I've looked in
> the archives but don't see a whole lot about them. Force 12 states they're
> rated for 3kw but I'm concerned about their use for extended 1.5kw RTTY
> periods. I'd also appreciate any general comments, opinions or suggestions
> about them.  As always, an advance "TU" to the TT group!     Mike  W2LO

Dan Hearn
N5AR