[TowerTalk] 40 meter antenna project

David Robbins k1ttt at arrl.net
Tue Nov 5 18:17:04 EST 2013

It has been discussed, and modeled, and discussed some more, and modeled
several different ways... the results always seem the same, the loss in the
coils and shortness of the elements makes the gain from adding the third
element so small that its not worth it.  Try searching back a few years, or
more than a few, in the towertalk and antennas reflector archives and you'll
probably find this a few times.  My recommendation is to put one on top of
the tower and rotate it, then put the other one half way down and fix it to
the south or whatever other direction you might want to switch to quickly...
or just save the second one for spare parts.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net