[TowerTalk] More crank-up questions

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Nov 30 15:52:22 EST 2013

I'll try again...

Comparing the new base (yours) to the old base (mine), I'm wondering how
different they are.

The old rebar cage is a simple affair consisting of a bunch of straight
pieces tied together.  There are no bends.

The hole is 3'6" X 3'6" X 6'6" deep which appears minimal to me.

There are no bolts holding the base ears.  They are welded to #10 (inch
and a quarter) 60" long rerod that extends to the top of the ears.  #3
rerod extends them to within 6" of the bottom of the hole.  It does not
give the latitude you have with two bolts holding each ear.  It's a
strong set up, but appears much more primitive than your LM470 base

73

Roger (K8RI)