[TowerTalk] More crank-up questions

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Sat Nov 30 16:05:32 EST 2013

Mike, The Portland Cement Association says that standard mixes cure to 90%
of their final strength in 28 days.  There is no magic number for 100% cure.
Strength asymptotically  approaches its final value and (theoretically)
never quite gets to 100% but surely CLOSE ENOUGH.  Depending on your mix and
weather (and moisture etc.) at what point along the way toward 28 days will
it be strong enough for your needs?  Unless the strength of your mix is
marginal at 90% you should be OK after 3 weeks or so.  Sooner MIGHT be OK
but why set yourself up to regret at your leisure what you might do in
haste. Consider the hassle if you load it prematurely and let that color
your decision.

73 and best of luck to you,

Patrick AF5CK