[TowerTalk] "Big Grip's"

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Fri Oct 4 21:15:33 EDT 2013

Big Grips are manufactured by Preformed Products. Rohn is one of their
distributors as is Texas Towers and a number of electrical supply companies
around the country. Most of the electrical supply companies distribute grips
designed for the cable tv industry. These grips are very similar to the Big
Grips but have fewer strands and are shorter; not recommended for tower
installations.

Rohn products are sold through their dealers and distributors. So, there is
 an added level of price markup for Big Grips purchased through Rohn
distribution.

The key to buying the correct grip is the name "Big Grip" and the part
number BG2142 for 3/16" grips or BG2144 for 1/4" grips.

There are many types of grips made and sold. Depending on a certain color
band such as red is not enough to be sure you have the proper grip. Every
single  grip has a factory applied label that includes the part number.

Genuine Big Grips are readily available at Texas Towers at a lower than
Rohn price. Orders are taken at 1 800 272 3467 9AM to 5PM Monday -  Friday  or
at _www.texastowers.com_ (http://www.texastowers.com)  any  time.

73,
Gerald K5GW
CEO Texas Towers

In a message dated 10/4/2013 5:02:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time,