[TowerTalk] minimum guy radius

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Thu Oct 31 09:25:19 EDT 2013

A guyed tower can be designed for closer guying than that, no problem.
Takes more steel, bigger guys, bigger anchors, and careful engineering.

There's a 1000' TV tower near me with outer anchors at around 350'. The
wires are 3", and the tower is massive.

Whether the 235' tower you mentioned was designed properly is an open
question.

-Steve K8LX