[TowerTalk] minimum guy radius

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Oct 31 12:47:57 EDT 2013

On 10/31/2013 9:25 AM, Steve Maki wrote:
> A guyed tower can be designed for closer guying than that, no problem.
> Takes more steel, bigger guys, bigger anchors, and careful engineering.
>
> There's a 1000' TV tower near me with outer anchors at around 350'. The
> wires are 3", and the tower is massive.

There's a lot of variables that can't be seen.  The only spot available
for a self supporting cell tower in town was the corner of a parking lot
so they went 30 feet deep with the foundation.  "The odds are" if this
is a commercial tower, they had to meet engineering standards.  Course
every once in a while we read about something really expensive, folding up.

73

Roger (K8RI)