[TowerTalk] Bose 901 antenna theory

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Thu Sep 5 09:30:39 EDT 2013

> ##  What other speaker manufacturer  uses  10-15db of EQ  at both the
> bottom and top end..just to get their speakers to sound flat ?
> Nobody.   And that’s  exactly what they do on their Flagship Bose
> 901..now series 6 speakers.  Pointing 16 tiny speakers  at a gyproc
> wall, and bouncing the sound off it is  a class act....and fubar.

Well it's not like they expected the speaker to be flat and then had to
put a big band aid on it. It was designed that way. Lot's of speakers,
in particular active compact subs, require tons of funny business -
it's part of the design.

Yes lot's of Bose products, maybe all of them, are overpriced. But 901's
had a sound, when set up right, that was very pleasing to many people,
and the original price ($476 as I recall) really wasn't too bad.

(antenna, tower)

-Steve K8LX