[TowerTalk] OWL and LFA antennas

Larry Banks larryb.w1dyj at verizon.net
Fri Sep 6 11:57:18 EDT 2013

Hi Joe,

I have "played" with a 3-el 6M LFA from Innovantennas.  Seems to play just
fine although I have no way to check the true gain.  It is very important to
keep the balun away from the boom -- see attached photo.  (Photo won't go
through to TowerTalk.)  Otherwise your SWR can be high.

Here are my SWR measurements with the yagi at 18' (yes -- too low for real
DX):

50.0        1.02 : 1
50.1        1.0 : 1
50.2        1.0 : 1