[TowerTalk] Custom antenna design

Charlie Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Tue Sep 17 22:02:39 EDT 2013

On 9/17/2013 David Gilbert wrote:

> The zoning laws in many municipalities prohibit it.

> Dave   AB7E

EXACTLY in this case.  When I put up the existing Antennas (as a right), someone called the zoning Dept, who actually sent out an investigator, twice (I had to explain to him that NYC HAS no rules for a ham antenna, just commercial, roof loading, access, and there is a MAX height above roof, but one thing he was REAL clear on was I went one inch over the property line, and I was going to have to take it down, and he sat there with a transit on the line and LOOKED as he made me rotate the antenna, and I was clear by a bit over a foot.  He was fine with that, and the complaint was dismissed

Charlie
www.baysidephoto.com
www.thegallos.com