[TowerTalk] TIC Potentiomenter

Fred Sanborn cc-6569 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 2 19:59:10 EDT 2014

John,
     I agree the Vishay 10T pot does not seem to be a good solution. I
"worked" the pot back and forth more today and it never came back enough
to be able to use the RT-21 without the "no motion" error message
again.  We did have a sever winter here in N. IL with a good amount of
precipitation.  However, I just did a pot replacement and put the rotor
back in service September so I am very disappointed.

     I am serious when I put the question out there to the TowerTalk
community.  Has anyone considered or implemented a redesign of the TIC
ring rotor direction indication method to get away from the dreaded
unreliable pot?

     TNX es 73,  Fred  KG9X