[TowerTalk] Routing Ladder with Parallel Coax?

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Sun Apr 6 02:43:30 EDT 2014

All:

My shacks location makes it difficult to keep ladder line away from
other cables that enter the house. Someone suggested I use 2 runs of
RG-11 coax in parallel to route the coax inside the house and then
connect the two to the ladder line outside.

The coax shields would connect to the tuner ground and the center
conductors to the tuner output terminals. The shields are left open at
the end where the coax center conductors connect to the ladder line.

Has anyone tried this with a doublet?

Tony