[TowerTalk] Bolts for Orion OR2800 rotor

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Apr 21 20:54:31 EDT 2014

I would never use zinc plated hardware outdoors. Stainless steel may work, I
am not sure why you need 3/8-24 instead of 3/8-16.  There are many reports
of the Orion clamp slipping so I assume that you have to bolt it very tight
which may break the stainless steel hardware.  A stronger option that has
good corrosion protection is armor plated bolts. Both SS and armor plated
bolts are available at McMaster-Carr.

John KK9A