[TowerTalk] Ground Rod Myths?

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Tue Apr 22 19:06:19 EDT 2014

All:

I came across a website that claimed it's better to use the hydraulic
pressure from water hose to drive ground rods instead of pounding them
into the ground. The idea is to prevent damage to the copper clad. I can
see how this would make the installation easier, but can't imagine the
copper being stripped away that easily.  Any truth to this?

The site also mentioned that the copper strap or wire that joins one
ground rod to the next should be buried at least a foot below ground
level while another said a few inches is fine. I suspect deeper is better.

Thanks...

Tony