[TowerTalk] rotary or demo hammer for ground rods

Jim Hoge knowkode at verizon.net
Sun Aug 10 16:43:44 EDT 2014

Hi gang,

I am in the market for a rotary or demo hammer for remodeling work. I am looking at tools that deliver 7-10# percussive force (10-14 joules).What is the size recommendation for a rotary or demo hammer for driving ground rods? I'm sure that soil conditions play a large part but what is the minimum that will drive a ground rod in a timely manner? It would be nice to have a use for the tool once the work is done.

Tnx es 73,
Jim W5QM