[TowerTalk] combining TV antennas

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Aug 19 20:59:40 EDT 2014

On Tue,8/19/2014 5:21 PM, Dick NY1E wrote:
> Can I use a splitter to combine 2 TV yagis pointed in different directions?

Sure.

> Does making the feedlines from the spilitter the same length matter in this case?

No.

Depending on signal strength, you may want a preamp on the output of the
splitter.  A really good splitter will burn 4 dB, a poor one will burn
more. The best splitters I know of are Mini-Circuits. Not cheap. If you
bring both feedlines to the splitter and get AC power at the splitter,
you could add a preamp at one or both of the antennas. The Channel
Master 7777 and 7778 are the best preamps I know of.

73, Jim K9YC