[TowerTalk] Fwd: Windmills and their possible problems??

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Tue Aug 26 13:37:12 EDT 2014

A windmill farm went online northwest of me in southern Nebraska late
last year.  They are situated well off the state highway that runs
through the farm with the closest being about a quarter mile off the
highway.  About a month ago I was traveling through during midday and
listening to a regional net on 40m.  There was a definite loss of
sensitivity on my FT-100D as I traveled through the field.  I noticed
the receiver recovered about a mile from the last tower I passed.  I
have not been back through there running the HF mobile since, but will
pay closer attention to try and confirm the desense.

Take an HF mobile and do some tests before buying the property.

73, Nate, N0NB