[TowerTalk] Servicing an MFJ 259B

Doug Turnbull turnbull at net1.ie
Thu Aug 28 12:43:10 EDT 2014

Gentlemen,
    The epitaph for MFJ is a bit unfair.   They have kept many products
available which would otherwise have just disappeared.   MFJ has also
brought out a number of useful products I their own right.    I do not own
any of their amplifiers but many hams do use them and are happy.    I am
thinking in particular of a local friend who has one of the lower power amps
which has been a work horse for many years with never a problem.

    I recently purchased an MFJ 233 analyzer and find this a wee wonder
which I very much like.   It should also be noted that MFJ sells parts and
thus facilitates home brew.   Long may this company in Mississippi continue
to sere the amateur world - I think its founder has made tremendous
contributions to the hobby and also to the state of Mississippi - he is a
fine American who came up a hard enough road.

                              73 Doug EI2CN

PS None of this is not to say that MFJ could not improve its service.