[TowerTalk] Dipole gain

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Thu Dec 11 06:41:35 EST 2014

I agree that Free Space figures are probably the least ambiguous; but
I'm not convinced that "averages" are very helpful!

What do we mean by "average"? What's the average of two F/B ratios, one
of 10dB and one of 20dB?

[The average of 10dBW and 20dBW is 17.4dBW]

A "not worse than" figure across the bandwidth may be more meaningful.

Steve G3TXQ