[TowerTalk] Ultraflex coax questions

Howard W6HDG W6HDG at arrl.net
Mon Dec 15 11:41:26 EST 2014

Hi all.  I am about to order about 110 feet of coax for a new
MA770MDP tower/ Steppir DB18 install.    I'm thinking of using either
genuine LMR400 Ultraflex or Davis Bury Flex coax.

Davis BuryFlex is cheaper and I understand it has a tougher and more
slippery jacket for crank up/down use?   Opinions?

I am going to try crimp-on RFU-507SI RF Industries PL-259's for the
first time.  For the center conductor crimp, I have alternatively
heard of .118 and .128 crimpers being used.   I have the dies for
both .118 and .128 as well as the .429 braid crimp.  Any opinions? Do
you use any dielectric compound such as STUF inside the PL259 to
inhibit corrosion?

Tnx, Howard W6HDG