[TowerTalk] 40 + 20m interaction.

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Tue Dec 16 11:51:46 EST 2014

I don’t have software to model this scenario.  Can I install a F-12 mag 520,  6.5 feet above a F12  340N, without the 2 x yagis interacting?
The 520 is a 5 el 30m yagi on a 35 ft boom.  The 340N is a 3 el  40m yagi also on a 35 ft boom.   I wont attempt it if the 20m yagi gain drops
a few db.

It still baffles me how some xmas tree monoband stacks require huge vertical spacing to eliminate gain redux, screwed up FB,  yet  F-12, optibeam, JK ants, N6BT, all sell
interlaced arrays, covering 2++ bands on one boom.  Im not talking about forward stagger designs..but stuff like the C49-XR, etc, which is clearly interlaced.

Tnx... Jim   VE7RF