[TowerTalk] Adding 160 to an 80M dipole?

Larry Banks larryb.w1dyj at verizon.net
Tue Dec 16 20:16:53 EST 2014

Hi all,

The ARRL 160 contest got me interested in 160.  I would like to add loading coils and additional wire to my 80M dipole at my QTH in Maine to see how that might fly.  (It would make it an 80/160 dipole.)  Yes – it won’t fly very well, and be narrow band, but it will be easy to do and better than nothing.  I have looked in the ARRL Antenna Book and Low Band DXing and have found little of help.  I do have one article from July 1992 QST by W8NX that looks to be helpful.

Any ideas or pointers to how this might be accomplished?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ