[TowerTalk] FW: Adding 160 to an 80M dipole?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Dec 17 10:17:19 EST 2014

I never had much success using a low dipole, even from the Caribbean. For
me a short vertical with a minimal ground system worked better and it used
much less real estate.

John KK9A

To:	towertalk at contesting.com
Subject:	Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Adding 160 to an 80M dipole?
From:	"Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists at subich.com>
Date:	Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:38:54 -0500
List-post:	<towertalk at contesting.com">mailto:towertalk at contesting.com>

Not necessarily ... I also did fairly well with a "low" dipole from
Ohio - not exactly close to the Atlantic - although the vertical was
certainly better (but with more noise on receive).

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV