[TowerTalk] Fwd: FW: Adding 160 to an 80M dipole?

Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Wed Dec 17 12:13:48 EST 2014

Matt, Larry & the rest of us,

Jean-Jacques ON7EQ has an excellent web side for various projects but he is placing the capacitor inside his trap coil. It will there be exposed to a high magnetic field just like screws, nuts etc surrounding the coil. He even remarks that the capacitor gets hot during high power operations.

The solution for this is to place the capacitor outside the coil instead of inside. An other solution would be to make a  toroide shaped coil, thereby reducing the magnetic field further, a hard task to do in a simple way.

Just a suggestion from,

Hans - N2JFS