[TowerTalk] : Nube rebar question

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Dec 18 03:04:58 EST 2014

On 12/17/2014 11:49 AM, Kelly Taylor wrote:

The pier pin base allows the tower to "pivot and rotate."  It basically
removes the torsion forces and bending moment from the tower although
they are not a problem worth considering in "MOST" ham installations as
the towers are more than capable of handling the torque.  Big antennas
and stacks are something else.

Among the advantages of the pier pin are no worries about water freezing
in the base, Stress is reduced on the tower joints and bolt holes, easy
to take the tower down, or swap towers.  Star guying is recommended though.

They do require a little more care up to the first set of permanent
guys.  However all towers should be subjected to the same care.

73

Roger  (K8RI)