[TowerTalk] north

XV4Y (Yan) xv4y at nature-mekong.com
Thu Dec 25 18:00:18 EST 2014

Hi,

Merry christmas to all!

> Agreed that the towers are not
> narrow, but neither are the patterns of the 3-el Yagis on top, and they
> are carefully plumbed to vertical. :)

Yes Jim, and your rotor's brake will move with wind, your tower/mast will flex, your antenna boom too...
I think for HF seeking better than 5 degrees true north accuracy is pointless.
When using a dish antenna on 10 GHz that might be another story however.
When I was working in telecommunications, the procedure were telling to align the antennas for the best signal strength.
If your pointing to some low earth orbit satellite, that might be hard to keep up with the bird moving in the sky.

Happy new year!

73,
Yan.
---