[TowerTalk] HF winch

David Robbins k1ttt at verizon.net
Mon Feb 3 10:50:45 EST 2014

its not a simple problem because you first have to figure how much force it takes to lift the tower at the attachment point, which
is more than the weight of the tower already since it is a lever with lots of the weight beyond the lifting point.  then you have to
figure the force on the cable which will be essentially 1/sin of the angle which at 45 degrees would be about 1.4 times the force
needed to lift the 10' point vertically.