[TowerTalk] Tower and Property Tax

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 21 13:58:50 EST 2014

On 2/21/14 9:37 AM, ersmar wrote:
> TT:
>
>       A few months after I installed my tower in 2011 I received a new assessment from my county tax office telling me that my home's assessment, and hence my taxes, had increased.

the real question is whether they reduced the valuation of the
neighboring properties, as all those anti-antenna people claim that
towers reduce neighborhood values<grin>

(I'm well aware of Wayne Overbeck's analysis of property valuations and
that there is no correlation between tower presence and valuation.  I
think it's sometimes promulgated as an excuse by a real estate agent as
to why they didn't get the price you wanted when selling a house; or as
a speculative immunization against this.)