[TowerTalk] Concrete prices

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Jan 2 04:02:20 EST 2014

On 12/25/2013 12:17 PM, Roger (K8RI) on TT wrote:
> On 12/25/2013 8:38 AM, Randy wrote:
>> To the best of my understanding, for freestanding towers, you HAVE TO
>> have "undisturbed soil" for the
>> pour-- you can not dig a hole and form up for the base and backfill.

Contractors regularly use back hoes for the entire hole.  Often there is no choice but to "form up" and properly compact the back fill.
A good back hoe operator can leave the edges of the hole as undisturbed as someone with a shovel.

Never say never, nature has a way of making you do things differently. You may have to use an extra yard or two of concrete.  Just ask your ME

73

R0ger (K8RI)