[TowerTalk] Tower Foundation (was Concrete Prices)

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 2 13:11:05 EST 2014

On 1/2/14 9:42 AM, Ken wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2014, at 12:05 PM, Marsh Stewart wrote:
>
>> A major consideration is that access to my backyard is 42.5" wide through a
>> walk gate and between an A/C compressor and a brick wall. If the A/C
>> compressor were temporally removed the width of access would increase 4" to
>> 46.5" - not wide enough I'm told for even the smallest of back hoes.
>> Removing a section of fence for better access is not an option.
>

> Mini excavators can fit through a normal doorway. Example,  to enable passage through narrow spaces such as doorways and
> gates, the adjustable width track frame can reduce the Kubota K008-3’s track width down to 2’4”(700 mm) by simply operating a single lever.
>
> The Kubota KX41 can dig down to 9' and can fit through a 3'3" space

There you go...

They use a lot of those around here for landscaping -pool building work.
   That is definitely the way to go (no issues with someone standing in
the hole throwing dirt up out of it which gets the OSHA folks all excited)

> They can be rented for a couple of hundred dollars per day.

Around here, the rate depends on whether you are a licensed contractor
who can provide an insurance certificate or not. If you name the rental
house as a named insured, the rates are lower.

But certainly it's going to be no more than a few hundred a day (plus
maybe $50-75 for delivery, if you don't have a suitable trailer).