[TowerTalk] Base equivalent

Mark Robinson markrob at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 11 21:53:48 EST 2014

A ham in Florida (which has a high water table) just had a big hole dug for
his tower. The company used what is called a well  point.  It is defined
here

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/well-point

well·point
 [wel-point] Show IPA
noun Engineering, Building Trades.
a perforated tube driven into the ground to collect water from the
surrounding area so that it can be pumped away, as to prevent an excavation
from filling with ground water.

Here are some pictures of what was done...the well point is used to pump
away the water so the hole doesn't fill with water

You can see the well point set up around the hole to keep the water at bay

http://www.7163net.com/k8xs/New/k8xs.html

Mark N1UK