[TowerTalk] Base equivalent

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 11 22:54:45 EST 2014

On 1/11/14 6:53 PM, Mark Robinson wrote:
> A ham in Florida (which has a high water table) just had a big hole dug
> for his tower. The company used what is called a well  point.  It is
> defined here
> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/well-point

Another strategy used on large excavations is to pump liquid nitrogen 
into the soil and create a frozen barrier to water infiltration.

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list