[TowerTalk] Fwd: New Fair-Rite Clamp-On -- BAD NEWS

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Sun Jan 12 15:13:52 EST 2014

Maybe alpha cyanoacrylate  (Crazy) glue anaerobic adhesive.  Should stay in
place then. Maybe glue and then shrink.  Of course if the price for 2 of
them is about the same as the price for THE RIGHT THING (after shipping
considerations) then no one would want to  hassle with the halves.  I have
followed this thread and it looks to me the info was there but not stressed.
I would likely have ended up in the same manner and suspect it could have
happened to any of us. It is just a tiny little flaw in the fabric of
space-time.  I assume you have contacted the supplier and they will take
them back but probably want you to pay the shipping. That is probably as
good as it gets. Too bad it had to happen to any of us but I recall being
told that the sweeter the deal seems to be the more careful you need to be.
Sort of like too good to be true and wasn't.

Patrick NJ5G