[TowerTalk] Drain Pipe Passing Thru Tower Foundation

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Jan 16 02:08:49 EST 2014

On 1/15/2014 8:25 PM, Dick NY1E wrote:
> "I come across this situation all the time. Anytime someone wants to build
> an addition or where there used to be a structure I tell them specifically
> to move or remove any utility that is within the footprint of the
> foundation. "
>
> Your saying you can't run utilities into a foundation? No one has water and sewer???

I have water and sewer, but they come in through the basement wall.
Those built on a slab most likely come in under the foundation as the
foundation, water, and sewer must go below the frost line. I don't know
what they do where frost isn't a problem, but that foundation supports a
fraction of the load a self supporting tower base and I'd think a
discontinuity, or penetration shouldn't be the problem it would be in a
tower base.

73,

Roger (K8RI)

---