[TowerTalk] Mixing Rohn 20G and 25G

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 11:10:36 EDT 2014

Steve   The Dim for the two are the same except for the  number of Z bars bays. and the fact of the OD of the  Z rung material and the  wall thickness of the vertical tubes ,  And yes this is  Ham radio.... There are 1,000 of  told and many more untold stories  of over loaded installation.  Look at my 20-g to 25-G install,   I have 2    100 ft 25 G that I lay over falling deric  style

   But that was installed 25 years  ago.... Now everything needs Engineering drawings and meet  a spec.  and the truth a  little search  and for a few extra $  the 20-G can be upgraded to 25-G and everything will be alright  in this litigating  world .

Wayne   W3EA

Ps  If my mix   35 ft tower were not house bracketed @ 18 '   I would have not used the  20-G