[TowerTalk] How to run HFTA v1.04 under Windows 8.1?

John Kuklewicz N7ZN kukl at wildblue.net
Fri Jul 18 14:52:27 EDT 2014

Bill,

My machine originally came with Windows 8, and has since been had the OS
upgraded to Windows 8.1

I do not have any problems running HFTA on this machine. I cannot recall
having to do anything in particular to get the s/w running. This is the
disc from the 22nd edition Antenna book. I seem to recall reading that
the disc supplied with earlier editions would not work with the newer
versions of Windows.

I splurged on a new Antenna book for this reason.

I realize that this is scant comfort for you. I assume you have tried
the 'Run as Administrator' trick, etc. (Although your problem does not
appear to be a permissions problem.)

Now, if I could only figure out a way to get MorseRunner to work
properly under 8.1 .....

Good Luck;
John N7ZN