[TowerTalk] Utility Pole as Beam Support

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jun 3 22:49:17 EDT 2014

On 6/3/2014 7:01 PM, n0tt1 at juno.com wrote:
> I'd be tempted to rig the beam and mast with a "tilt-over" feature
> using a small winch to make it a no-climb antenna structure.

My neighbor, N6RZ (SK) had a 3-el 20M monobander on a telephone pole in
his front yard. He had a long 2M Yagi on another such pole. I helped his
widow dispose of his stuff, and organized the parties to take down his
antenna farm. The guys who took stuff down from those two poles
described them as being in pretty poor shape, and they were quite
careful to avoid stressing them when they climbed them.

73, Jim K9YC